-
A Comprehensive Guide to Teaching English in Costa Rica | TEFL Jobs World
-
English Language FAQ: Why are there so many French words in English?
-
Business English in London - Intensive English - Modern Language Courses
-
Tell Me About It! 15+ Fun Apps and Tools to Get Children Speaking | Sprout English
-
Google Apps For Education: Should Your School Go Google? - Global Education Database
-
5 ways of using Edmodo with language learners (part 1) | Reflections of an English Language Teacher
-
Teaching with Instagram: 20+ Ideas & Resources : Teacher Reboot Camp
-
Bryant Austin Interview: Awe & Wonder, by Richard Whittaker, Anne Veh
- A five or six-week old humpback whale calf swam right up to
me on a collision course. And he veered away at the last minute probably five or six feet away from my camera. I was afraid his tail would touch my camera, so I lowered it and I remember just being taken aback by the sight of his belly button going by my face. You could see his skin and musculature moving and flexing over his frame as he is powered down his fluke one more time. I could see all of his true colors, all of these fine details, all of these elements that make him real. His tail went right by my mask, about a foot away. I just floated there for a moment processing that experience, trying to see if there was anything I could do with it before I decided to give it all up. And that’s when I felt a single tap on my left shoulder blade. It was too solid to be human. I felt dread, and I turned to look and found myself eye-to-eye with the mother. She had extended her 15-foot long, two-ton pectoral fin and touched my shoulder with the very tip of it. I was shaking because if she had touched me with the leading edge of her fin, even just the outermost tip of it, she could have broken my back. She was looking into my eyes with a very calm, mindful gaze. And that’s when I saw clearly what I could offer, what I could create. I knew…I went back to the boat to be alone. And I knew what I experienced was something that would make a difference. It was what I would want to do. But I also realized how imprisoned I was, and how we all are. I just sat quietly listening to my inner voice and it just kept telling me, “You have to leave all that is safe and familiar, if you want to do this.”
-
-
Mark Twain's Top 9 Tips for Living A Good Life, by Henrik Edberg
Friday, February 21, 2014
Daily bread 02/21/2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment