Good morning one and all!
How did you sleep?
I was up at the crack of dawn today...I'm an Early-bird. Are you an early-bird or a night-Owl ?
crack of dawn = very early in the morningearly bird = person who gets (rises) up very early in the morning
night owl = person who goes to sleep very late at night
Do you like Poems? Poems can be very good ways to help us with our english. Here's a link to some sites where you can learn more about Poems and how they can help you learn English - http://www.eslcafe.com/search/Poetry/index.html
Speaking of Poems, here are some of my favourites;
This is a beautiful poem that reminds us of the importance of reading, especially to our children;
The Reading Mother - Strickland Gillilan
I had a Mother who read me things
That wholesome life to a child's heart brings –
Stories that stir with an upward touch.
Oh that every Mother were such!
You may have tangible wealth untold
Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.
Richer than I you can never be.
I had a Mother who read to me.
I had a Mother who read me things
That wholesome life to a child's heart brings –
Stories that stir with an upward touch.
Oh that every Mother were such!
You may have tangible wealth untold
Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.
Richer than I you can never be.
I had a Mother who read to me.
I like poems that are short, because they aren't boring...
First by 'the greatest'...Mohammed Ali -
Me, we.
Another, by the same man that wrote Reading Mother (Fleas are small very anoying insects) -
Fleas
Adam had'em
That's it for today everyone. I hope you have a very relaxing and peaceful Sunday, maybe watch an English movie or listen to some English songs?
No comments:
Post a Comment